Design rule checking or check(s) (DRC) is the area of electronic design automation that determines whether the physical layout of a particular chip layout satisfies a series of recommended parameters called design rules. Design rule checking is a major step during physical verification signoff on the design, which also involves LVS (layout versus schematic) check, XOR checks, ERC (electrical rule check) and antenna checks. For advanced processes some fabs also insist upon the use of more restricted rules to improve yield.It is particularly recommended that a batch mode design rule check always be performed prior to generating final artwork.
Some example of DRC's in the design include:
1: The space between the traces, trace and pads, trace and through holes, pads and through holes and also the space between the through holes are reasonable or not. Can the space design fit the production or not.
2. Is the width of the power line and ground wire suitableand is there a tight coupling between the power supply and the ground wire? Is there any place in the PCB that can be widened for the ground lines?
3. Is it the best design for the key signal lines. Check the length of the traces, guard wires and also check whether theinput line and the output line are clearly separated.
4. Check whether analog circuits and digital circuits have separate ground.
5. Check whether the ICONS and labels added in the PCB will cause the short circuit.
6. Modify some undesirable lines.
7. Is there any processing line added in the PCB?
8. In order to ensure the quality of the electric equipment, you also need to check whether the resistance welding is in accordance with the requirements of the production process, whether the welding size is suitable, and whether the character sign is pressed on the device welding plate.
9. Whether the outer rim of the power layer in the multi-layer board is reduced or not, for example, it is easy to short-circuit if the copper foil of the power layer is exposed.
Only parts of the checking are listed here. There are many other inspects need to be checked in the design.
Reference for DRC in Altium https://www.altium.com/documentation/cn/1.0/display/NEXUS/((Design+Rule+Checking))_AD
Free PCB quotation is just a click away. Click below button to enter our PCB Price Calculator, fill out your custom PCB spec, and rough PCB price will show up in the right column automatically (shipping price will be given on order confirmation page).
Моментальный расчет стоимости